National “Bring Your Bible to School Day” is October 3! Kids have the freedom to bring their swords–their Holy Bibles, the living Word of God!–to their public schools, and talk about them! Now is the time for your child(ren) to make a statement and uphold the freedoms and values upon which the United States of America was founded! For more information, click on the Focus on the Family link below!
“Speak the Word (of God) only”–Amen!
The Roman centurion–a man without a covenant with God, a man of the “anti-Christ” people group in that day–understood the authority and power of speech, and Jesus marveled when he heard the man say, “Just speak the word, and my servant will be healed.” (Matthew 8:8, my paraphrase). The man obviously had faith in the authority of Jesus, even if he did not believe in Jesus Himself. But our LORD Jesus honored that faith!
The LORD honors our faith, and He honors His Word. When we have faith in His Word and speak it, His angels go to work to make it happen–because the King Himself backs up His Word.
Years ago, the LORD instructed me to teach a 6-week class on the power of speaking the Word of God over one’s children, and I did. The book, LEGACY: Crafting Your Child’s Future With Words came out of that class.
It is available here for you free, as a PDF, when you write Power@RiverRainCreative.com. Please feel free to share it, as long as it remains in PDF form, unchanged. May it be a P.O.W.E.R.* tool (Purposeful Operations With Eternal Rewards) to shape the lives of your children (and yourself and all over whom you speak the Word!) for Christ!
FREE for you to read and enjoy! Be blessed! And I’d love for you to leave your comments. I will be happy to publish them (or an excerpt of them) in the upcoming books. There are at least eight in the series! P.O.W.E.R. Girl Two is in progress now. THANKS for your prayers for it’s quick completion!
Psalm 24:1 (The Passion Translation) David’s poetic praise to God[a] “\God claims the world as his. Everything and everyone belongs to him!”
Even as a teacher in public schools, many of these rights were hidden from me–till very recently. The couple I knew about and tried to operate in were definitely met with resistance from some people in direct authority when I taught. But JESUS IS LORD, and THE EARTH IS HIS AND THE FULLNESS THEREOF, AND ALL THE PEOPLES THEREIN–INCLUDING IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS (Psalm 24:1)–THAT ARE FUNDED BY OUR TAX MONEY!!!
Here are 10 rights of students in public schools, from the Truth for Youth Bible!
- The right to meet with other religious students and to form Bible Clubs.
- The right to express your religious beliefs through signs, symbols, and clothing.
- The right to talk about your religious beliefs and share your faith with other students on campus.
- The right to distribute religious literature (Bibles) on campus during non-instructional time.
- The right to pray on campus alone, with others, and during graduation.
- The right to carry or study your Bible or other religious literature on campus.
- The right to do research papers, speeches, creative projects or talent programs on religious themes.
- The right to be exempt from activities that contradict your religious beliefs.
- The right to celebrate or study religious holidays on campus.
- The right to study religious themes, religious literature, and religious history.
If you have any questions about these, please contact 800 REFIRES, or 800-733-4737!
Calling all P.O.W.E.R.* (Purposeful Operations With Eternal Rewards) Girls! Check out this Creed to see if you are a true P.O.W.E.R.* Princess!
As a Princess of P.O.W.E.R.*, I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, Who is the Son of God, the Savior of the world, and the righteous King of the universe. He was born of the virgin Mary (Matthew 1:18-25), lived a perfect and sinless life on earth 33 years (Hebrews 4:15), preached and taught and loved all humanity (Luke 1:1), was crucified for the sins of the world, died, was buried, and rose again the third day to live forever (John 3:16).
I believe Jesus appeared in bodily form to many on earth after His resurrection (Acts 1:3), then ascended to Heaven (Acts 1:10) where He sits at the right hand of God the Father (Acts 2:33) and continuously intercedes (prays) for us (I Tim. 3:16, Heb. 5:5, Heb. 7:26).
I believe He is coming again soon as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, to gather to Himself those who have asked forgiveness for their sins and accepted Him into their hearts (John 14:28, Acts 1:11).
As a Princess of P.O.W.E.R.*, I agree to do these things:
- Read my Bible daily, thank God for it, memorize it, speak it, and share with others what God teaches me from it!
(Suggestion: Read a Psalm and a chapter in Proverbs every day and take notes. John is also a very good book to read, about the Love of God. You will be amazed at what the LORD will show you, and certain verses will jump out at you and become very POWERful in your life! But if He leads you to read other places in the Word, that is great, for He is leading you by His Spirit. Go for it!)
- Invite my dear Father God to be involved in every part of my day and my life
- Thank Him every day for all the wonderful things He does for me
- Listen often to music that glorifies Him, and sing along and regularly attend a Bible-believing church and other Christian activities
- Ask God how to use my gifts, talents, strengths, opportunities, dreams and possessions to advance the Kingdom of God – for everything I have is His
- Live my life in a way worthy of one who believes in Jesus by not doing things I know are against God’s Word
- Encourage other young princesses to dare to know King Jesus, read His Word, and become a POWER Princess
If you agree, please print this agreement and sign it, and put it where you can see it daily!
_______________________________________________________________ sign your name, and the date, P.O.W.E.R.* Princess!
“For the kingdom of God consists of and is based on not talk but power (moral power and excellence of soul).” –I Corinthians 4;20, AMPC
GOD BLESS YOU, Princess of P.O.W.E.R.*–Purposeful Operations With Eternal Rewards! Now GO FORTH and CONQUER, for The KING is with you! (Matthew 28:19,20)
13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. — Mark 10:13-15, KJV
I am so thankful for the King James Version of the Bible, for it was the version the LORD used to cause me to start reading and loving His Word when I was in the Southern Baptist Church in a small community about 45 years ago! There were many words in there that I did not properly understand, such as “suffer.” I only knew it to be a negative word, and didn’t want to do any more suffering than I had to.
However, I’ve since learned that “suffer” also means “let.” Thus, when Jesus says to “suffer the little children to come to (Him), He means to let them, to not hinder them, to not discourage them, and, I truly believe, to purposely encourage them to follow Him and to be examples of disciples of Christ.
As a teacher, it is natural for me to encourage children, and I am working at being a better example of Christ daily, so that they will be drawn to Him.
Children are not just leaders of the future; they are leaders now, and their pure spirits can easily receive the higher things of God. Let us be living letters of the love of Christ for them to read and understand–and to go and do likewise!